VOGONS

First post, by envagyok

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,
I have Diamond Edge 2120 2MB Nv1 graphic/audio card, and i have a problem with install to it my system:
Windows 95 OSR2 HUN install goes without problem, i see always displayed installation procedure with this card.
After video/audio driver added from cd sound work, but after restart i have blank screen. I try every driver here from vogons tried.
Then i try to switch off computer, and switch on again. Then show desktop, but 640 and 16 color. Try set other resolution, color depth, and restart machine, blanks screen i have again.
For example try to switch 800*600/256 color, restart, and blank screen. I see my monitor osd settings/info panel, there is 800*600 61hz input signal present, but only black screen.
I try with old mec trinitron analog monitor too with same result. Try 2 platform : K6-200 with Ali chipset, and Pentium 166 with intel chipset, bot only pci version.
Please help me figure out what is the problem :R
Thanks

Last edited by Stiletto on 2021-02-25, 23:13. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 2, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember configuring a Diamond Edge3D in my brother's Pentium PC running Windows 9x, and getting considerably better performance and compatibility by installing SciTech Display Doctor (which worked as a universal display driver for a number of graphics cards and chipsets of the time), than I got with any video drivers from Diamond or NVIDIA. It was made freeware a while back, and you can download it from the VOGONS Vintage Driver Library.

By the way, a beta driver was eventually released for NV1 cards that added DirectInput compatibility for the SEGA Saturn controller ports on the card. Without that beta driver, you could only use the controllers with the NV1-specific games that came bundled with the card. I remember how that beta driver made it possible for my brother to play the Windows port of Sonic and Knuckles with the SEGA controller, which until then, ironically, wouldn't work. 😅

So you might want to do some googling to see if you can track down that gamepad controller driver as well.

Good luck! 🙂