VOGONS

First post, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi, welcome to my A2630 troubleshooting thread. There really aren't too many great places to go for help with the Amiga and it's peripherals so I thought I'd try to get some eyes on a board I have that currently doesn't function. The following is clear to me:

1. This board has been repaired before.
2. This board appears to have been modified before.
3. I could really use opinions on what could be the problem with the board
4. I'd like to know what the modifications may be for.

I can confirm the obvious repair work I have tested as best as I know how which includes a continuity check for the pins and resistor packs to ground. I could certainly use advice for other types of tests that I could perform to try and pinpoint the problem, let me have it.

As for what the board does, nothing. It seems to be completely ignored when it's in the system. I'm going to try it a few more ways and for longer periods of time right now to see if it even warms up. But for now here are the images. Please look and see if anything looks suspicious to you and also, if you can figure out why a set of pins was soldered to the back of the board which appears to connect one of the pins of U702 to one of the pins of C704, and if it was intended to have a resistor pack also installed on it?

Anyways I'm new to repair as you can tell but I'm down to try and figure this out. Here are images of the board:

download/file.php?mode=view&id=103894

download/file.php?mode=view&id=103895

download/file.php?mode=view&id=103896

download/file.php?mode=view&id=103897

download/file.php?mode=view&id=103898

Attachments

Reply 2 of 4, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

HAng on, I just set the jumper and removed the 68000 and this thing fired up. Stay tuned it appears the board does work, at least in this config. Or maybe knocking it around long enough popped something into place?