Reply 2 of 4, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2021-03-04, 13:57:

Is this an IBM Blue lighting CPU ?
If so what’s the difference ?

Your question is too vague. For a second I was thinking you were talking about memory or something (which was bl5).

Provide a pic at the very least please or at least state a proper question. Wouldn't want this forum to fill up with clickbait now would you 😜

dionb wrote on 2021-03-04, 13:58:

What's the difference between i486DX/2 and i486DX/4?

Well obviously a DX/2 has a 2x multiplier (you probably already know where I am gonna be going with this 😜 ) and the DX/4 obviously has a 4x 3x multiplier 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 3 of 4, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote on 2021-03-04, 22:23:

Your question is too vague. For a second I was thinking you were talking about memory or something (which was bl5).

[quote[Provide a pic at the very least please or at least state a proper question. Wouldn't want this forum to fill up with clickbait now would you 😜

BL2 is a clock doubled IBM 486SX equivalent (I think in the vein of a 486 SLC2). BL3 is clock tripled. Nothing vague about the question if you have heard of them 😀

Well obviously a DX/2 has a 2x multiplier (you probably already know where I am gonna be going with this 😜 ) and the DX/4 obviously has a 4x 3x multiplier 😜

dionb was answering rhetorically. Not the best reply, but an accurate comparison.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 4 of 4, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
debs3759 wrote on 2021-03-04, 23:23:
BL2 is a clock doubled IBM 486SX equivalent (I think in the vein of a 486 SLC2). BL3 is clock tripled. Nothing vague about the q […]
Show full quote
Tetrium wrote on 2021-03-04, 22:23:

[quote[Provide a pic at the very least please or at least state a proper question. Wouldn't want this forum to fill up with clickbait now would you 😜

BL2 is a clock doubled IBM 486SX equivalent (I think in the vein of a 486 SLC2). BL3 is clock tripled. Nothing vague about the question if you have heard of them 😀

dionb was answering rhetorically. Not the best reply, but an accurate comparison.

I know it was meant rhetorically.

Personally I think a topic title BL2 vs BL3 is just too vague. I literally didn't know what it was about until after I had clicked it and read the OP. Hence the clickbait thingy.

I have heard of those IBM chips, but afaicr I never had one and I never worked with them. I do have some IBM Socket 3 CPUs but those are not named after the Blue Lightning nomenclature.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!