VOGONS

First post, by WJG6260

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello all,

I recently acquired an A-Trend Voodoo 2 for use in a mis-matched SLI with a Creative CT6670. When I purchased it, I thought I had gotten a decent deal-the card was sold "as-is" and "untested," but cosmetically looked good. There were two pins on the top right-most chip that were making contact, so I managed to bend the pins apart with some patience, a steady hand, and prayer. Thankfully, nothing dislodged, and all solder pads seem to be in tact.

I've attached pictures of the card for reference. If anything better is needed, or any more photos are needed, I can absolutely provide those too.

Here's where my issue arises: the card's 2D passthrough works just fine. When I install it in my Pentium II machine, it is recognized by Windows 98SE and I can install the drivers. Before proceeding further, that system's specs (if this is of any relevance) are:

Gigabyte GA-686LX3 (Rev. 1.4)
Pentium II 333MHz
384MB PC-133 (at 66MHz, CL2)
Number Nine Imagine 128 Series II
Realtek RTL8139
Aureal Vortex 8820

The system works fine in that configuration, and also worked when I was testing my Diamond Stealth II S220. It works with the CT6670, as well.

But, upon installing the latest drivers for the A-Trend card, I can't open the Voodoo2-1000 panel in Display properties, and if I run DXDIAG, I receive the following message: "_GlideInitEnvironment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo, none detected."

I'm hoping the card isn't dead, and that's why I'm here. Unfortunately, I will admit that my experience in working with these cards is limited, so beyond the bent pins, I was wondering if anyone could either identify any visible hardware issues that I might be able to remedy or-if upon inspection the card seems fine-anyone has any other ideas? Perhaps there's something I'm missing solder-joint wise? Or could the card just be flat-out dead?

Thanks again for all of the help!

I hope whoever reads this has a wonderful day!

Attachments

-Live Long and Prosper-

Feel free to check out my YouTube and Twitter!