VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by Tempest

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'll try and find another system I can test the card in. It looks like it's in mint condition so it would be odd that it was dead, but stranger things have happened. I think it's just that this system has strangeness with the AGP port. There was another AGP card I had tried (a Fire GL I think) that caused the fans to go full speed and gave me the 1 long 2 short beep thing. Maybe this system doesn't like 64MB AGP cards for some reason?

--- AtariProtos.com ---
For when excellence and burnished fineries need to gently visit the warmth of your tablery

Reply 21 of 21, by drosse1meyer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tempest wrote on 2021-03-07, 00:36:

I'll try and find another system I can test the card in. It looks like it's in mint condition so it would be odd that it was dead, but stranger things have happened. I think it's just that this system has strangeness with the AGP port. There was another AGP card I had tried (a Fire GL I think) that caused the fans to go full speed and gave me the 1 long 2 short beep thing. Maybe this system doesn't like 64MB AGP cards for some reason?

Sure, anything is possible. YOu may be on to something, but our machines are fairly different, I was using a dimension xps r400 which is 440bx based system.

However I'll say this: it only threw a beep code when I installed a 64mb Geforce2 by itself, while a 32mb variant worked fine. Both are AGP. Good luck 😀

P1: Packard Bell - 233 MMX, Voodoo1, 64 MB, ALS100+
P2-V2: Dell Dimension - 400 Mhz, Voodoo2, 256 MB
P!!! Custom: 1 Ghz, GeForce2 Pro/64MB, 384 MB