VOGONS

First post, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well I found an old eMachines t1090 like I use to have when I was in 7th or 8th grade and am having issues with the CD Rom Drive not ejecting and the activity light is on solid and doesn't go off and tried the emergency eject and that doesn't work either?

Reply 1 of 3, by pan069

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
thegenerallee86 wrote on 2021-03-08, 08:19:

activity light is on solid and doesn't go off

Is the IDE cable attached the wrong way around? I assume it's an IDE drive.

tried the emergency eject and that doesn't work either

I believe the emergency eject is mechanical, so technically that should work... Could be that the driver is very dirty on the inside and the mechanic is stuck...

Reply 2 of 3, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
pan069 wrote on 2021-03-08, 09:11:
Is the IDE cable attached the wrong way around? I assume it's an IDE drive. […]
Show full quote

activity light is on solid and doesn't go off

Is the IDE cable attached the wrong way around? I assume it's an IDE drive.

tried the emergency eject and that doesn't work either

I believe the emergency eject is mechanical, so technically that should work... Could be that the driver is very dirty on the inside and the mechanic is stuck...

I unplugged the power cables and the IDE cable from the back of drive and probably try and take it out if I can get the other side panel to come off cause I believe it has screws on the other side of the cd drive. The other side really does not want to come off for some reason.
I will be opening it up to see if I could clean it, I also wonder if there may be a disc stuck in it as well?

Reply 3 of 3, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think the drive is dead cause I tried reseating the cables, and put pin in emergency eject hole and goes all the way in with no resistance and also tried prying the drive open and still nothing and even took the drive out of drive bay opened it up and nothing moved when I pushed button, no sounds no spinning absolutely nothing other then the solid light on the cd drive.