VOGONS

First post, by EvieSigma

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have an IBM Aptiva system (model 2174-865) with a NDC-branded 10/100 Ethernet card inside. And for some reason...installing the drivers for said card completely breaks Windows 98SE. After successfully installing the drivers and restarting the system, it gets stuck like this and never actually starts Windows 98, even after several minutes.

LEIEXBD.jpg

What exactly is going wrong here? Do I have a faulty card, perhaps? I have other cards if that's the case, but if it's a software issue then I'm lost as for what the issue actually is.

Reply 1 of 2, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
EvieSigma wrote on 2021-03-12, 03:05:
I have an IBM Aptiva system (model 2174-865) with a NDC-branded 10/100 Ethernet card inside. And for some reason...installing th […]
Show full quote

I have an IBM Aptiva system (model 2174-865) with a NDC-branded 10/100 Ethernet card inside. And for some reason...installing the drivers for said card completely breaks Windows 98SE. After successfully installing the drivers and restarting the system, it gets stuck like this and never actually starts Windows 98, even after several minutes.

LEIEXBD.jpg

What exactly is going wrong here? Do I have a faulty card, perhaps? I have other cards if that's the case, but if it's a software issue then I'm lost as for what the issue actually is.

Try another PCI slot .

Reply 2 of 2, by EvieSigma

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmm, so you think it might be some kind of resource conflict with the way the PCI slots are mapped? Alright, I'll try moving it to another slot then.

EDIT: Well I'll be damned! I moved the Ethernet card to the lowest PCI slot and now everything works fine, apparently!