VOGONS

First post, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Says all.

To house the Proliant 1500 board and it's processor card, at least 5 drive bays 2x 5.25" and 3x 3.5" for hard drives and floppy. Will rewire a ATX type PSU to use Proliant type motherboard plugs.

The Proliant 1500 slot & I/O system board is way wider than standard 12" ATX neither EATX.

I thought about thin wood and reinforcing ribs but I thought this is not insurance friendly? I can work with metal but bending is the issue.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 1 of 1, by CwF

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sure. Wood can be good for the MB backing and serve the outside also. There are kingserts and blind hole plugs for the stays.

Fixing BMW saddle bags I got pretty good with a plastic welder (I've been a welder). With molding and stamping tools (things that work are called tools!) and a crafty hand you can be your own 3D printer. I've made many shrouds and cooling guides and mounts with these techniques. Since this can be springy pieces you can fashion them to 'clip on' and 'snap in'.

Blank pcb board is very cool to work with, braze or solder subsections like device cages etc. Large format would be expensive, very cool, and strong. I used this way to make my double-din truck computer. It can part of the circuits if you'd like, and also a noise cage.

Combine all the techniques for something beautiful and unique worth at least a conversation.

I used to know what I was doing...