Filename
image.jpg
File size
59.79 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Good news is that everything works 😀
Tested it on Win98 using Wingman Software v3.65 (latest version that supports this joystick, afaik) (& v3.30 for Win95), connected via the serial connector.

Bad news is that i can't find any DOS Drivers for it.

So this leads me to my question/request:
Does anyone have the original CD that came with it?
And if so, can you please share a copy of it? 😁

I think there might have been several editions of the Logitech Entertainment Software CD (ranging from v1.0 to v2.3) bundled with this joystick. But hopefully they should all have the DOS driver included.

P.S.
The manual/documentation/Shareware games CD/anything else for this thing also wouldn't hurt, if anyone has it 😁
Thanks!

Cheers!

Reply 1 of 62, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, so upon further research, "Logitech Entertainment Software v1.0" might be the only one that does the job properly...
Found this ReadMe.txt file:

"Using LES 2.2 with WingMan Warrior

WingMan Warrior is a recently released Logitech digital gaming device using
software version 1.0. The current LES 2.2 software installs over the LES
1.0 software and provides the same functionality for Warrior in Windows 95
games and Windows 95 DOS programs. Note: LES 2.2 does not provide
programming capability for Warrior in its Control Center. Warrior
uses a DOS-based control panel for button programming.

The LES 2.2 uninstall program will not remove the three Warrior device
entries in the Windows Joystick control panel; the DOS files are also not
removed. To use Warrior again after uninstalling LES 2.2, please re-install
the LES 1.0 software."

Reply 3 of 62, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

From the Logitech archive it sounds like only the Game Port will work in pure DOS. The serial port is for "Digital" mode thru Windows or Windows DOS mode:
"System Requirements
IBM or compatible system with 386 processor or higher
Avaliable serial port for a 9-pin serial connector (for use in 3D digital controller mode)
DOS 3.3 or above; or Windows 95
CD-ROM drive
WingMan® Warrior compatible games
Optional: avaliable gameport for 15-pin joystick connector (for use in analog WingMan® Extreme compatible joystick mode)"
http://web.archive.org/web/19970606155251/htt … information.htm
"Also has a game port connector for standard joystick compatiblity"

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 4 of 62, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

AFAIK, the DOS driver is needed for the 360-degree SpinControl Knob to work, by making it look like a mouse.. or something like that.
Might also be needed for the throttle control (not sure).

On the box, it says that the package includes both Win95 and DOS drivers.. So they must have some use.. (hopefully)

s-l1600 (5).jpg
Filename
s-l1600 (5).jpg
File size
364 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 5 of 62, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Try the files here, seems to include a DOS driver (joycp.exe) of some sort:
https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/16832-lo … xternal-driver/

Other than that, this is a Logitech Wingman Extreme compatible joystick. Software needs to support it directly afaik, else it behaves as a standard DOS joystick.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 6 of 62, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vetz wrote on 2021-03-24, 16:55:

Try the files here, seems to include a DOS driver (joycp.exe) of some sort:
https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/16832-lo … xternal-driver/

Other than that, this is a Logitech Wingman Extreme compatible joystick. Software needs to support it directly afaik, else it behaves as a standard DOS joystick.

Good find vetz ! This morning found same but on a same website but diff area (but had to go to work so had no time to post here):
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/utils/wwlaunch
Also here is the oldest FAQ's on the Warrior I could find, some may be of value. http://web.archive.org/web/19991012053539/htt … pport/3000.html
One thing I read on a diff website was the reason that later versions dropped/removed certain DOS stuff was due to Win95 problems.
Probably why LES v1 is no where to be found and the Warrior is actually a Digital device with analog fallback versus a full analog device like the original Wingman.
The app Launcher.exe is used to make the joystick work proper with games like Doom2, Duke3d, etc. from faq's.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 7 of 62, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you vetz and Horun!
Not wanting to disappoint, but I already encountered all these files & links in my 3-full-nights of scouring google, the Internet Archive, and "The WayBack Machine" ... before finally giving in, and shamefully started begging on eBay & here on the forum 😞

L.E.
I also found a small archive (can't remember where) with some files that are part of the LES v2.2 CD .. and with these two archives combined, who knows, it might just be what it needs to do the job.
But I don't have a pure-DOS PC ready yet (only a win98 rig for testing the stuff that i keep buying), so i can't really test DOS right now with anything else than a system diskette, and RAMdrive for storage..

(gonna upload that archive here in case anyone ever finds it usefull)

Attachments

Reply 8 of 62, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I will keep looking but for some reason can find LES 2.x versions but no LES 1 at all. I find it very odd that it has been completely removed from any normal archive searches.

Reply 9 of 62, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

LES 2.x ?? Really? The archive I uploaded was all i found...
Can you please share a link, or the file(s)?

Later edit:
LES v2.3 seems to have been bundled with the Wingman Warrior at some point. So up to this version, might actually be ok.

LES v2.3.jpg
Filename
LES v2.3.jpg
File size
95.33 KiB
Views
File license
Last edited by B24Fox on 2021-03-25, 02:12. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 10 of 62, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It would be absolutely awesome though, if by some miracle someone here on the forum actually has the complete package: CDs, manuals, and all....
And also by some miracle sees this thread! 😆

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
301.56 KiB
Views
File license
s-l1600 (0).jpg
Filename
s-l1600 (0).jpg
File size
199.82 KiB
Views
File license

Out of the 3 manuals, I only found this nice brochure with the Logitech offerings of late 1996. (I'll attach t below)

And also here's some memorabilia 😜

tumblr_ofghyzLs351u665u1o1_1280.jpg
Filename
tumblr_ofghyzLs351u665u1o1_1280.jpg
File size
213.55 KiB
Views
File license
tumblr_n77fbk4sHe1snhn1io1_1280.jpg
Filename
tumblr_n77fbk4sHe1snhn1io1_1280.jpg
File size
325.92 KiB
Views
File license

Attachments

Reply 11 of 62, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
B24Fox wrote on 2021-03-25, 01:55:
It would be absolutely awesome though, if by some miracle someone here on the forum actually has the complete package: CDs, manu […]
Show full quote

It would be absolutely awesome though, if by some miracle someone here on the forum actually has the complete package: CDs, manuals, and all....
And also by some miracle sees this thread! 😆
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (0).jpg

The first one already looked at, is the ID software CD not the Logitech software CD.
Where did you see the second on ? Is not on US ebay or listed diff then I found.
added: found 2.1 and 2.3 on other sites but that does not help you..

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Filename
    Image1.jpg
    File size
    136.28 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
Last edited by Horun on 2021-03-25, 02:22. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 12 of 62, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Found it in this listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Wingman-War … ~IAAOSwCh1gO9Zn

Later edit:
They are two different types of packaging, i know... But the first one (with the transparent foil), is not complete... The seller says that the product is used.. so it's probably missing the driver CD (as it clearly says on the box that there should be 2 DISCs inside).

Reply 13 of 62, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That second one def has the v1.0 software disk though. The ID disk is just shareware games, nothing special,,,
added: Maybe he could image the disk for you for a few $ on the side 😀

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Filename
    Image1.jpg
    File size
    22.7 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 14 of 62, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yup. The quote from my second post here on the thread, was from an official document.
"WingMan Warrior is a recently released Logitech digital gaming device using software version 1.0 [...] "
That's why i didn't doubt that v1.0 must have most definitely been bundled with it.

But the weird part that they wrote was "To use Warrior again after uninstalling LES 2.2, please re-install
the LES 1.0 software."
I presume that LES 2.3 fixed that... and the joystick was never shipped with LES 2.2. Only with 1.0 & 2.3.
Otherwise it would have been kind of dumb..

(or maybe they included v1.0 along on the 2.2 & 2.3 discs?! .. who knows..)

Later Edit:
The Shareware CD would just be a nice thing to have, but i know it's not necessary 😀
Maybe it contains some tech demos, or posters or something.. Again, who knows..

Even Later Edit:
Actually, if the comment on the LES2.2 archive that I uploaded a few posts back, is correct; it would appear that LES2.2 ws also bundled with the Warrior at some point.
(totally forgot about that)

Reply 15 of 62, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What are you expecting to find on 1.0 CD in terms of DOS functionality that isn't already found? If you read http://web.archive.org/web/19990822231900/htt … pport/3075.html you need mouse.exe and joycp.exe for DOS config, both found in the file on Doomsworld I linked to earlier that was based on v2.3 (and also included in v2.3 added below).

The wwlauncher was for the games that had specific support. For others using Wingman Extreme I'd guess you just use the two other files.

WingMan® Warrior is the first two-fisted control system for Doom-style games which offers 360-degree independent aiming and intuitive movement. Maneuver realistically and get off shots with terminal accuracy in Doom, Hexen, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D and other hot 3D action games. Click a button and perform an 180o flip that can save you when you hit the wrong switch. Only Logitech's SpinControlTM Technology lets you spin instantly in a tight 360-degree circle. Keep an eye on the bad guys by looking side to side, over your shoulder, even up and down. Try doing that with a mouse or keyboard. Also use WingMan Warrior as a WingMan® ExtremeTM -compatible joystick for flight or driving simulations and other games that support a standard joystick.

Attachments

• Filename
    les_221.exe
    File size
    1.63 MiB
    Downloads
    81 downloads
    File comment
    Logitech Entertainment System v2.2
    File license
  • Filename
    les23.exe
    File size
    2.33 MiB
    Downloads
    77 downloads
    File comment
    Logitech Entertainment System v2.3
    File license
  • Filename
    WINGMAN.zip
    File size
    419.49 KiB
    Downloads
    95 downloads
    File comment
    Logitech Wingman software
    File license
  • Filename
    LES21.zip
    File size
    1.05 MiB
    Downloads
    86 downloads
    File comment
    Logitech Entertainment System v2.1
    File license

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 16 of 62, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OMG, where'd you find these files vetz???! Thanks!!

vetz wrote on 2021-03-25, 04:06:

What are you expecting to find on 1.0 CD in terms of DOS functionality that isn't already found? If you read http://web.archive.org/web/19990822231900/htt … pport/3075.html you need mouse.exe and joycp.exe for DOS config, both found in the file on Doomsworld I linked to earlier that was based on v2.3 (and also included in v2.3 added below).

The wwlauncher was for the games that had specific support. For others using Wingman Extreme I'd guess you just use the two other files.

Well with the complete disc, I expect to not miss out on any features...(whatever they may be). And there's also this quote from logitech themselves, that baffles the heck out of me: "[...]To use Warrior again after uninstalling LES 2.2, please re-install the LES 1.0 software."
Also WWLAUNCH.exe would be quite useful as I actually wanted to try out the DOS games it fully supports...Although if i understand correctly, in the post-LES1.0 versions, it might have been replaced with LAUNCHER.exe (which is included in the link you provided, and in your attachments). Although the instructions that come with the LGS2.3 Joystick Bundle, still mention WWLAUNCH.exe, not LAUNCHER.exe

s-l1600 (9).jpg
Filename
s-l1600 (9).jpg
File size
256.39 KiB
Views
File license

But i'm pretty sure the DOS driver aspect is covered with all the files i have now.
(That's not to say that i don't still wish for a copy of the bundled CD [and maybe manuals] if anyone has them 😀 )

Reply 17 of 62, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Great vetz ! I found a multi language LES v2.1 (Deu, Eng, Esp, Fra, Ita, Nld, Ptg) and saved it along with yours.
Hope you do not mind if I bundle them all up with some of the FAQ pages and post to Vogons Drivers.
The oldest version here is a LWS 3.1 no versions of LES in the library....

Reply 18 of 62, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wow, this is freggin' amazing!
I've currently put over 100 hours in searching, and haven't found a single complete LES package... You guys are amazing! 😳

Horun, i think it might be useful to also include the archive from the doomworld website..
Also, if you want to include the FAQ's, i have them all saved up nicely.
Here's an archive of all the general useful stuff @1999 ... And some WingMan Warrior specifics, like the 2 latest drivers for win95 & 98, and Logitech serial port configurator.
Logitech Website FAQ @1999.zip (link available for 7 days)
This should help make a neat package 😀

Also, Horun, could you please also post here your multilang LES2.1 ?
(i'd like to start comparing some stuff)

Later Edit:
Oh, and if you're gonna make a Wingman Warrior-specific bundle for vogonsdrivers, this picture may prove useful.. (looks better than the previous one i posted)

--also reuploaded it as an archive as i just now realized they are getting resized!

Attachments

• Filename
    Guide.jpg.rar
    File size
    309.95 KiB
    Downloads
    61 downloads
    File license

Reply 19 of 62, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks, I already used a script thru FF to grab all the webpage FAQ's, each is only about 5-10k in size when everything but text and format are stripped out.
Am planning on making a PDF off the faq's some time...here is an example of #3021

Attachments