VOGONS

Reply 20 of 35, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2021-04-04, 14:36:

Nice. I used one for quite awhile in one of my dual P3 500 machines and it performed quite well for the games I played on that system. It may not be a power house card but it runs very cool and had really good compatibility with older directX and open Gl games.

I think I made a Good choice for both systems because I am not going to be playing any of the games on much higher than 1024X768 Resolution. My IBM NetVista 8303 Windows XP will be used to play games from 2000 to 2008 and My IBM 300PL Windows 9x will be used to play up to year 2000 Games and nothing newer!

Reply 22 of 35, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Now I ordered a floppy and Molex power connector extensions because the power supply I bought they are just barely too short, but for the floppy I got a Sata to floppy power adapter instead so it would be easier! At least I know now it will fit and work with the extensions. I also have to find something that'll cover the open space around the PSU in the back where the power cord plugs into the PSU.

Reply 23 of 35, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nice. I used one for quite awhile in one of my dual P3 500 machines and it performed quite well for the games I played on that system. It may not be a power house card but it runs very cool and had really good compatibility with older directX and open Gl games.

Cool I bought a IBM PC Series 350 off eBay a while ago hopefully they'll ship it soon! I can't wait to get it though!

Reply 24 of 35, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just got the new PSU for IBM NetVista 8303NUE and installed it and it works really nice and now is quieter than it was. Now I got to replace the PSU in the IBM 300PL!

Reply 25 of 35, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

forgot to ask you did you need to upgrade the psu in it? I am asking this for my IBM 300PL 6862-S3U.

Reply 27 of 35, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2021-04-07, 23:06:

Not in that system. I have a 500 watt psu in my dual P3 system. What's the wattage on the IBM unit as the 6200 is a very low power card

I am not exactly sure I'll have to open it up again to double check and from what I've found online it is between 160 to 200 watts I think?

Reply 29 of 35, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2021-04-07, 23:11:

You should be fine. If the info that tech powerup has is right it's only a 50 watt card.

Well according to this spec sheet here: https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/with … book/dwbook.pdf it is 145Watts I found the exact model 6862-s3u and that is what it says anyways.

Reply 31 of 35, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2021-04-07, 23:25:

You can always try the card in the system and use it in the meantime while you hunt down a higher wattage PSU.

Yeah true I just worry about it ruining it or causing other problems.

Reply 32 of 35, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well I have a 550Mhz Pentium III 100Mhz FSB and it should be 30 watts from what i've read. Edited forgot to add i also have a Sound Blaster 16 PCI sound card I am using in there as well.

Reply 35 of 35, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well I received the one for the ibm 300PL the pci Jaton Geforce 6200 and having trouble getting the drivers to work cause the ones on the cd are for Windows 2000 or above and found some online for Windows 9x but no luck it'll boot and use standard vga drivers fin but upon installer correct drivers and restarting it'll go past the Windows 98 logo and then blank screen with cursor and not go any further? I know it is a Jaton Video-348PCI-LP that came with a DVI to VGA adapter and the adapter has 2 leads for 2 VGA Monitors on it?