VOGONS

First post, by MoG91

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone!
I have this working IBM model 77 and it’s in pretty good shape! I don’t have any use for it and I’d like to sell it to fund buying other retro PC stuff I’d be more interested in. It’s a 486 DX2 with 12mb of ram. The hard drive works and is relatively quiet as does the floppy drive. It’s dirty but was well stored and just needs a light cleaning. It’s in pretty good shape otherwise. Anyone have any advice as to what this might be worth?

Reply 1 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Stick it up on eBay in an auction listing. It is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 4, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Agree ! It is worth what some may or may not pay. Because it is Micro Channel based is not worth as much as a Compaq, Dell, or a generic working 486 that is VLB based to most serious vintage techies.
There could be a collector that might be interested but PS2 are not the type my friends look for, just too proprietary.......and just my opinion.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 3 of 4, by Schule04

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'd expect it to be worth more than a generic 486. It's interesting hardware. But ebay prices are ebay prices, common sought after stuff generates more interest and sells for more than rare machines.