VOGONS

New User

Topic actions

First post, by WEXX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all. Been lurking for a few weeks and got my account up and running. Getting back into old PCs and have a ton of content to share. Out of curiosity, is there a buy/sell/trade section here? I ask because I am an AMD fanboy (lol) but allot of the systems that I find in the local Hardoff stores here in Okinawa have Intel in them. I'm mainly after the beige cases to build in and I have came across some good motherboards with CPUs that someone would like to have or trade for.
Anyway, I need to continue to go through all I have and sort it out, waiting for some Ebay stuff to come in as well then I will start to build my systems. I'll try to post some pics this weekend of my AM2/ Win 7 2010 build and my Athlon 700 slot A system.

Cheers!

Wexx

Reply 1 of 3, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Welcome to the forum! 😃
Looking forward to your content!👍

Though there are a few exceptions for self made stuff and new designs trading/selling hardware is generally not allowed on this site as per the site owner's wish: VOGONS is no marketplace!
That's why there is no trade section.

Reply 2 of 3, by WEXX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok cool understood! I'll just ebay what I think might be valuable. Time to break out the digital camera and start taking pics. I had a haul of 6 AGP cards, PCI tv tuner, memory and a PSU yesterday for 11.00. Then the three systems I picked up as well, one being a socket 939 Sempron 3200 Compaq in good shape.

Wexx

Reply 3 of 3, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Welcome aboard! =)

Trading is not allowed on these forums as this (and the people this brings in) have caused quite a lot of drama here before and imo it really helped to avoid things becoming one huge mess.

Apparently user made projects are being allowed but many of those are either open source, experimental or have a purpose of spreading knowledge and knowhow which is of (scientific) importance to the community. One can't just casually create something and then start selling it here for instance or at least that how I understand it.

But in the end it's just a matter of following the rules then you should be fine 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!