VOGONS

First post, by banjosteve2015

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there,

I have dug my old 486 P4D-66I out of the attic and trying to see if anyone can help me on a few things!

1: Does anyone have the paint codes they used for the metal case's? My one had a monitor on top and its heavily scratched up and really want to make it look like new!
2: Gateway cheeped out on the Anigma Boards on these and left of the Cache.. Anyone have the exact details for the chips i need to add in? Gateway seems to be using wierd and wonderful with this board so any help would be amazing

Thanks in advance for any help any one can give me on the above issues!

Reply 1 of 1, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Welcome to the forum! 😃
I don't know what exact colour was used on the case. I recommend giving the top cover a good clean and taking it to a paint shop to compare it against the palettes they have if you aim for a very faithful restoration.
Regarding the cache: When asking for help with your specific machine it always helps to give a detailled description of the hardware (in this case motherboard chipset, type and amount of cache sockets) and include photos of the parts you are talking about. Chances are somebody can deduce what cache chips you'll need even if nobody owns the hardware themselves.
I hope this will help you even if I don't know the specific answers to your questions.