VOGONS

First post, by DeadnightWarrior

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,
I think I'll be starting my retro PC project from scratch.

Some parts I'll want to use will be a microATX Socket775 mainboard, a GeForce 6600GT, some sort of storage and definitely a 5.25" optical drive, a 3.5" floppy / memory card drive and a PCI sound card.

I'm currentely using a very cheap Tacens Anima AC4 case: not *that* bad but it's quite fragile and there's very little space for cable management.

I'm looking at a possible case upgrade, with the following mandatory features:
- small footprint (I have very little space to spare, every inch I save is precious).
- at least one 5.25" drive bay and one 3.5" EXTERNAL drive bay (preferred) or two 5.25" bays.
- space for cable management
- fully micro ATX compatible
- no transparent windows and/or rgb.

Of course it's a project made just for fun, so I 'd like to spend as little money as possible.

For now I've been looking at the following models, all of which have some shortcomings:

- Cooler Master N200
- Fractal Design Focus G Mini
- DIYPC MA08-BK
- Rosewill Line-M
- Fractal Design Core 1100
- Antec VSK3000B

None of them tick all the required boxes, though: the Rosewill, Antec and Fractal 1100 have the right size and appearance, but virtually no cable management space; the DIYPC looks OK, has space but I can't stand that seemingly non removable full height drive cage.
All in all, the only cases worth considering would be the most expensive ones: the Fractal Focus G Mini (I wish there was a no-rgb / no windowed side panel version) and the Cooler Master N200 (but it seems too big for my needs).

Do you have any kind of suggestion?
Do anyone of you have one of more of these models?

Thanks a lot