VOGONS

First post, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have been thinking about building some kind of custom turbo button for my SS7 time machine...

My 5ali61 board has a turbo button and led connector but I was actually thinking of making something more complex. Albeit totally over kill and over engineered.. 🤣..

I was thinking about the possibility of having an analog knob (linear potentiometer) to set the CPU multiplier and a button for activating L1 and L2 cache. I read somewhere that it is possible to set this in some DOS config file. (I haven't looked into the details and what is really possible so don't shoot me down in flames just yet.)

Maybe using an Arduino board I have lying around and connect the resistor to this, the Arduino then communicates with the computer though a com port. A program running at computer start up could check the setting given by the Arduino. Maybe it could be done without the Arduino but I also want to connect a display showing the multiplier or clock frequency that is to be set (not current one) and I probably won't have the skills to do this is turbo Pascal or what ever in the DOS program.

I am really not an expert but I kind of know how to do most of these things except for the communication part between Arduino and DOS.

Any thoughts?