VOGONS

First post, by Dave Bursik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I have two old Compaq Armada 1590DT and 7800 laptops. Due to damage to both original hard drives, I decided to upgrade both computers with a compact flash drive. TFor the test I bought an 8GB CF card and adapter on ebay. First I installed it on the Compaq Armada 7800. This was followed by the installation of the MS-DOS operating system. It went well.
I did the same on the Compaq Armada 1590DT . Unfortunately, the result was not good. MS-DOS installation / CF card formatting did not work correctly. Formatting as such took place, but MS-DOS will not allow subsequent installation of the system on the CF card. Anybody have an idea what is the problem? I upgraded the BIOS. I created partitions and formatted them in Easeus Partition Master, but that didn't help. The strange thing is that the BIOS recognizes the CF card.
In the end, I decided to run the whole test on the Compaq Armada 7360DT, but the result was the same as on the 1590DT.
Please help me 😔

Attachments

Reply 1 of 4, by Dave Bursik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Photo.

Attachments

Reply 2 of 4, by kleung21

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This shows someone using/installing on a 4gb cf card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3jo4MYVETA

I would suggest trying on a smaller cf card. I have a compaq 4/50cx and that ONLY supports 1 gb cf. I tried 4gb CF and it wouldn't work.

Reply 4 of 4, by andromeda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had the same problem installing win 98 or win95, I had weird characters and it crashed every time, in fact it came from the ram.

for compact flash cards I advise you to use ez drive to format them.