VOGONS

First post, by FXing Serious

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I need help to determine if this PC133 RAM is compatible with my motherboard (Chaintech 5RSA2-2): "128MB Third Party MEMORY 16X64 168 PIN PC133 6NS 3.3V NON ECC SDRAM RAM DIMM". It's all it says on the eBay listing. I have attached a snip of the motherboard manual too. Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Filename
    Capture.PNG
    File size
    87.91 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 6, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

considering it says EDO in the DIMM type line, I'd say, nope, not compatible.

Though there's always a chance I'm wrong.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 2 of 6, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, it does take either EDO in this stick format or SDRAM (says so Synchronous DRAM).

Try the PC133 stick and see what it boots, it will run at 66 or 100 depending on your FSB is set for given processor.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 3 of 6, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
pentiumspeed wrote on 2021-04-28, 18:10:

Yes, it does take either EDO in this stick format or SDRAM (says so Synchronous DRAM).

Try the PC133 stick and see what it boots, it will run at 66 or 100 depending on your FSB is set for given processor.

Cheers,

Dangit you're right. 😀

Do not ask Why !

Reply 4 of 6, by FXing Serious

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Cheers,

So if I am understanding correctly if the FSB is set to 100 then a PC100 128 ram would be all I need since it relies on the FSB.

Reply 6 of 6, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FXing Serious wrote on 2021-04-28, 19:40:

Cheers,

So if I am understanding correctly if the FSB is set to 100 then a PC100 128 ram would be all I need since it relies on the FSB.

Well, yes, though with a PC133 module, there will be a higher chance that you can set the memory timings on your motherboard to the fastest possible and gain a little bit more performance.

Do not ask Why !