VOGONS

First post, by dulu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There was broken capacitors, but i replaced them. Seller said that there was black screen after turning on the motherboard (he used 800FSB cpu, but mobo supports only 400). The problem is that my mobo behaves differently. It turns off after about a second. (seller said that mobo mobo remained on). Both on the CPU the seller was using and the correct one with 400fsb. Replacing the capacitors did not change anything. No beeps (it beeps once before switching off when I change memory order). I tried to run without gpu, gpu agp and gpu pci.

I have 2 memory banks and 2 terminators. First question - what is the order in which the memory and terminators are assembled? I don't know if I should check when it beeps once or when it not beeps at all. Can someone who has/had this mobo confirm correct memory order?

Second question - if i want to use only one module of ram, then i need 3 terminators?

Attachments

• 20210429_155617.jpg
    Filename
    20210429_155617.jpg
    File size
    1.58 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 1, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

First question - what is the order in which the memory and terminators are assembled?

2 RIMMs followed by 2 terminators. From CPU to edge of the board.

Second question - if i want to use only one module of ram, then i need 3 terminators?

Impossible by design. Only 2 or 4 modules.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.