VOGONS

First post, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello again,

Lucky me... I got two Silencer NV 1. Unfortunately one of them is making bad noise. It was easy to disassemble it clean it and put some new lubricant to the axis and other closely moving parts... Again unfortunately 😒 the noise is still there... It is far more silent but still hearable. I assume it is defective. I think This is the rev 2 by the way.

I also got the (as I assume) first model. It runs as silent as expected. But there is a real ugly amount of dirt on the inside of the fan. I wanted to clean the fan now from the inside. Unfortunately the clamp that holds the fan on the rev 2 model doesn't exist on this first model. There is something else, that holds the axis. I don't know how to get the fan out of its position without breaking the whole thing.

Can someone help me with this?

Last edited by Lazar81 on 2021-05-05, 13:59. Edited 1 time in total.

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 2 of 2, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I helped myself... With small bended sticks .. the ones that used for ear cleaning I brushed out every single space... I pulled down the wheel a bit so that a small gap gives the opportunity to get the stick in to the small spaces... It is not perfect.. but it works. I would say 95% of the dirt is gone... It took me almost 3h... 🙈...
Now that it is installed on my geforce 4 ti 4600 and works as it should I don't want to disassemble it again...

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti