VOGONS

First post, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just picked up this motherboard and I am trying to find the motherboard audios drivers for Windows 9x, 2K, & XP. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply 2 of 8, by soggi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nice find! Because this isn't a Premium board from ABIT, it's a bit harder to find information about it. The "manual" states it has "Intel 82815E (MCH) + 82801BA (ICH2)", so an Intel AC'97 driver from that time should work.

Unfortunately it doesn't mention which AC'97 codec is soldered to the board...could you pls post the printing from little IC between game port / audio connectors, AUX1 and PCI1? Maybe there's another driver from the AC'97's manufacturer.

Repo Man11 wrote on 2021-05-30, 21:42:

If it's an AC'97 codec from Avance Logic (ALS, now Realtek), it should work. But then, why not taking the latest version A4.06 (could be found here: https://soggi.org/drivers/realtek.htm)?

kind regards
soggi

Last edited by soggi on 2021-05-30, 23:26. Edited 1 time in total.

Vintage BIOSes, firmware, drivers, tools, manuals and (3dfx) game patches -> soggi's BIOS & Firmware Page

soggi.org on Twitter - talent borrows, genius steals...

Reply 3 of 8, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
soggi wrote on 2021-05-30, 21:47:
Nice find! Because this isn't a Premium board from ABIT, it's a bit harder to find information about it. The "manual" states it […]
Show full quote

Nice find! Because this isn't a Premium board from ABIT, it's a bit harder to find information about it. The "manual" states it has "Intel 82815E (MCH) + 82801BA (ICH2)", so an Intel AC'97 driver from that time should work.

Unfortunately it doesn't mention which AC'97 codec is soldered to the board...could you pls post the printing from little IC between game port / audio connectors, AUX1 and PCI1? Maybe there's another driver from the AC'97's manufacturer.

Repo Man11 wrote on 2021-05-30, 21:42:

If it's an AC'97 codec from ALS (now Realtek), it should work. But then, why not taking the latest version A4.06 (could be found here: https://soggi.org/drivers/realtek.htm)?

kind regards
soggi

The lettering on the chip says:

ALC200
1448101-1340

Reply 4 of 8, by soggi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The ALC200 is an Avance Logic / Realtek AC'97 Audio Codec, so you'll be fine with the latest Realtek AC'97 drivers from my page! 😀

BTW please note, that you'll need an .7z compatible (un)packer like 7-Zip to extract the files.

kind regards
soggi

Vintage BIOSes, firmware, drivers, tools, manuals and (3dfx) game patches -> soggi's BIOS & Firmware Page

Reply 5 of 8, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
soggi wrote on 2021-05-30, 23:28:

The ALC200 is an Avance Logic / Realtek AC'97 Audio Codec, so you'll be fine with the latest Realtek AC'97 drivers from my page! 😀

kind regards
soggi

The WDM drivers would not load, but I manually installed the Windows 95 drivers and those are working just fine. Thanks for your help!

Reply 6 of 8, by soggi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No problem, you're welcome!

BTW if you need the latest BIOS 8D for your ABIT SL30T (supports HDDs up to 137 GB and above, fixes some STR [Supend To RAM] issues), it's available on my ABIT motherboard BIOS page -> https://soggi.org/motherboards/abit.htm.

kind regards
soggi

Reply 7 of 8, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
soggi wrote on 2021-05-31, 00:41:
No problem, you're welcome! […]
Show full quote

No problem, you're welcome!

BTW if you need the latest BIOS 8D for your ABIT SL30T (supports HDDs up to 137 GB and above, fixes some STR [Supend To RAM] issues), it's available on my ABIT motherboard BIOS page -> https://soggi.org/motherboards/abit.htm.

kind regards
soggi

Thanks, I just flashed the BIOS. I am now totally set!

Reply 8 of 8, by soggi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OK, if you have any further questions...just post! 😀

kind regards
soggi