VOGONS

First post, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,
Yesterday I exchanged the Soundblaster Live for an Audigy 2 ZS. Since then I have random reboots, game crashes and sound stutters. The problems occur when I quit one game and start another. Doom 3 has extreme problems ... Causing reboots... In DOSBox and scummvm I have sound stutters...

I use Windows XP and tried some things since yesterday. I reinstalled the whole system. I tried different drivers (audigy 2 zs CD, latest webupdate driver, beta driver, and Daniel K driver(7.0 and 6.2) nothing helped.

Any idea - or should I just put back in my Soundblaster Live card? I don't want to, the EAX sound is so great.

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 1 of 2, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tried creative beta drivers and kx audio driver as a last attempt ... Guess what... No success. At the moment I have put in the SB live again - everything runs without problems... 😏

If someone can help me with this card - so that there are no crashes and reboots and stutters anymore - I would be very thankful.

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti