VOGONS

First post, by Idonthaveausername

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello i have a problem with my shuttle av61v14. it will boot but once it has been turned on i cant turn it on again properly if i dont disconnect the power for half a hour. what i mean by it wont utrn on properly is that the fans turn on and all of the drives but nothing on screen and the beep that always comes since the floppy drive is disconnected does not come. i have tried lots of things replacing the ram, replacing the gpu, tried three different psu`s and removing everything that is not neccesary for proper booting like the disk drives,isa cards and the gpu since it makes that beep every single time there is a succesfull boot. it can sometimes turn on after its been turned off but only if it has been used for a short time around a minute or two after that if the computer gets turned off i have to wait a half a hour. it worked fine on dos 7.1 but win 98 installation failed because of interrupts during the install. if any of you have solution please help. also if it changes anything it uses a slot 1 to socket 370. i thought about buying a cheap slot 1 cpu and see if its gets any better ,but would it just be wasted or does the motherboard just need a full recap.