VOGONS

First post, by babtras

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a few old manuals that might be helpful to someone, that don't appear to have been shared anywhere that's indexed by search engines. Is there a favoured place where I can share them or someone who scans/archives/shares manuals that I can send them to?

For example:
QNlwiMq.jpg
WFrdjml.jpg

Reply 2 of 6, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

also bitsavers.org and retroarchive.org would be good for extra insurance, not sure if minuszerodegrees.net wants extra stuff to host or not.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 3 of 6, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
babtras wrote on 2021-07-11, 18:33:

I have a few old manuals that might be helpful to someone, that don't appear to have been shared anywhere that's indexed by search engines. Is there a favoured place where I can share them or someone who scans/archives/shares manuals that I can send them to?

It's not something I have done, but I have two scanners and plenty of free time, and would be happy to scan any manuals etc that you have, if you are happy to post to the UK. I see there are a few places to upload them to. I missed out on a full manual for the PVI-486SP3 that was recently on ebay, due to insufficient fund until a few days after it sold. That would have been my first upload.

PM me if you need my help, and I'll give you my address.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 4 of 6, by babtras

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
debs3759 wrote on 2021-07-11, 20:58:

It's not something I have done, but I have two scanners and plenty of free time, and would be happy to scan any manuals etc that you have, if you are happy to post to the UK. I see there are a few places to upload them to. I missed out on a full manual for the PVI-486SP3 that was recently on ebay, due to insufficient fund until a few days after it sold. That would have been my first upload.

PM me if you need my help, and I'll give you my address.

I'll weigh them and check the price of shipping, but if it isn't too obscene I'll gladly send them over. I don't want them to sit on a shelf when they could be benefiting someone.

Reply 6 of 6, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BitWrangler wrote on 2021-07-11, 20:40:

also bitsavers.org

I will say that bitsavers.org tends to prefer to scan things themselves, so they'd be more interested in having the documentation sent to them (if they are interested in it).

But occasionally they will host other people's scans. Mostly depends on whether they can obtain the physical documentation or whether the other person's scans are up to their standards.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto