VOGONS

First post, by DeiwosN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I was considering audio output options for my retro PC, and was considering getting a male-to-female 3.5mm extension thing so I could easily connect my headphones to it without having to keep reaching behind the computer. But then I saw lots of male-to-male cables for sale and it got me wondering, would it be possible to directly connect the output of my SB16 card to the line-in input of my main PC so that any sound that plays would do so just through that PC, and that way I can keep my headphones plugged in normally, control the volume through volume mixer and so on? The SB16 just has 'SPK/Line' port as well as mic and line in.

Basically I was wondering if anyone's done what I'm thinking of doing, and if it would work the way I want, heh.

Edit: turns out yes it worked fine

Last edited by DeiwosN on 2021-07-25, 09:09. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 1, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I do the extension cable thin, have done since the late 90's when the sound card socket was getting loose from the constants switching between speakers and headphones.

Plugging the line out from your SB16 to line in of your modern PC will also work, A lot of people have a similar setup when they have 2 soundcards in the same PC