VOGONS

Fixing up an broken 486 I got from a local radio.

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 63, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Note that i didnt use AT89S2313 it uses Tiny2313 😉

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 61 of 63, by CalamityLime

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello there,
Good news everyone!

So LCSC decided to actually ship to me the things I paid for and now I have the previously mentioned PS/2 to Serial mouse adapters built and working!
The pictures show the actual adapters that I soldered together by hand. I have 4 available for sale.

Power:
There is a spot for a 7805 regulator which I've decided not to solder in by default and leave the choice of whether or not you want it up to you. I'll solder it in on request, if you don't request it then I'll assume you want the power in to be 5v. There are many sellers out there selling USB to barrel jack connectors so I think this makes the most sense.
So just to clarify, with the 7805 the barrel jack will take a power adapter of 7v or above, without I'll solder it so the barrel jack takes 5v power but only 5v power.
Either way you can also power the board using the prog header with 5v, which is what I done to test the devices.

Price:
20€ per adapter + 8€ postage within the EU, staying within the EU.

Case:
For an extra 3€ you get a choice of either a 3D printed box or a 3D printed expansion slot holder for internal mounting.
For an extra 5€ you get both 3D printed box and a 3D printed expansion slot holder for internal mounting.
I have a few colours available, just ask since since what colours I have change from time to time. I'll include the STL's in a future post if you wanted to print them yourself.

DM me if you're interested.

For the sake of clarification/disclaimer:
This board Rev 4 and firmware is by Matze79. You can find a thread about that here!
I wanted to build one for myself but decided to build 5 since I had to order at least 5 PCB's from JLC anyway, plus I edited the silk screen in KiCad as an introduction to KiCad.
Personally this project was a fun learning experience. I'm just some random dude, I have 4 boards for sale and that's all there will be.

The Irish post service becomes very slow in December. So if you buy one in mid December keep in mind it might take to mid January for it to arrive.

Thank you for your interest!
-Lime

Attachments

Be Happy, it's only going to get worse.
- Projects
Limes Strange 3D models
USB-2-232

Reply 62 of 63, by CalamityLime

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Posted an update about my own USB to serial mouse project on its thread that you can find here

I'm debating whether or not to talk about my GBS control mods to get it working with the older VGA of the 486 or not.
Probably best not to since it didn't really work. The only interesting part of it was converting RGBHV to RGBS in a really stupid way which I don't recommend. I did have better luck with an xor circuit than I did with the xnor circuit, you'll find them when you google this topic.

GBS control is still really fun though.

Be Happy, it's only going to get worse.
- Projects
Limes Strange 3D models
USB-2-232

Reply 63 of 63, by CalamityLime

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I promised the STL's and here they are.
Enjoy

Attachments