VOGONS

First post, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey guys,

I found an old topic discussing leaky CMOS batteries in old laptops so I decided to check out my own 310CT. I've owned this laptop for several years now and I knew that the battery is dead but never thought it could leak. Anyway, I opened up the laptop and found TWO batteries instead of one. Luckily they haven't leaked but I removed both anyway. I'm now left with a problem. What to replace them with? I don't want to go into BIOS and manually change options every time I want to play with it. For example, the 640x480 games don't get streched out by default - you have to enable that in BIOS.

The main battery still holds a good charge (about 2 hours of active use) but I can't rely on that.

Does anyone have a cheap source of compatible new old stock batteries or do I just look on ebay?

Cheers,
SainT

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png

Reply 1 of 3, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Look for same Voltage, close Amperage.
Careful as the plugs are 3 pins and what you buy have 2.

You just need the smaller battery.

Post pics or else you'll be sent to Postojna!

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K

Reply 2 of 3, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Nexxen wrote on 2021-07-26, 09:40:
Look for same Voltage, close Amperage. Careful as the plugs are 3 pins and what you buy have 2. […]
Show full quote

There is a part number on the batter P71035001119 and it turns out to be 2.4V Ni-Mh, unknown amperage (?). Most seem to go for $20+ which is absurd so I'll have to dig deeper.

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png

Reply 3 of 3, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Half-Saint wrote on 2021-07-26, 11:40:
Nexxen wrote on 2021-07-26, 09:40:
Look for same Voltage, close Amperage. Careful as the plugs are 3 pins and what you buy have 2. […]
Show full quote

There is a part number on the batter P71035001119 and it turns out to be 2.4V Ni-Mh, unknown amperage (?). Most seem to go for $20+ which is absurd so I'll have to dig deeper.

Nope, you have to buy from aliexpress and wait for 2 months 😀
It should be 30/40/50 mA. 2 or 3 batteries in series is the same.
I had that here:

Toshiba Satellite 200CDS 810 - troubleshooting and general info (KBC error - trying to solve, help needed)

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K