VOGONS

Need help finding a specific 3.5" drive bay cover :)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by resetsmith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey again!

I'm trying to complete my baby AT Turbo case as best I can, and part of that means trying to source a replacement 3.5" drive bay cover. It did come with one, but it's got a "cute" fake floppy drive design carved into the front. I'd like to get a regular flat cover. Here a picture of what kind of piece I'm looking for. I have tons of drive covers from other cases, but the retention arms don't reach far enough back to latch flush with the baby AT case.

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
77.14 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

If anyone has a beige drive bay cover like this that's blank on the front, I'd love to buy it off you if you're willing?

Thanks to anyone who gives this a look. 😀

Reply 1 of 6, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Post the frontal pic of the one you want rid of and somebody might swap you. There was ppl sounding a little intrigued when a pic of a fake floppy one turned up the other day.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 6, by resetsmith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BitWrangler wrote on 2021-08-12, 03:18:

Post the frontal pic of the one you want rid of and somebody might swap you. There was ppl sounding a little intrigued when a pic of a fake floppy one turned up the other day.

Thanks for the suggestion! It may come to that, but at the moment, I'd really like to hold onto this one as well. ✌

Reply 3 of 6, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is about as close as I have to that though, as an alternative, why not use the nearest fit of whatever covers you do have and hot glue it into place from the back of the case bezel.

3_5 Blanking.JPG
Filename
3_5 Blanking.JPG
File size
397.55 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 6, by resetsmith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2021-08-12, 04:49:

This is about as close as I have to that though, as an alternative, why not use the nearest fit of whatever covers you do have and hot glue it into place from the back of the case bezel.

3_5 Blanking.JPG

Ah, yeah. The arms look a little longer than mine. I'm honestly surprised how difficult it's been to even find a picture of something similar online (thus far, I haven't). It's mostly just a neurotic little thing on my part, but half the fun of these kinds of projects is getting everything "just so".

Anyways! If anyone finds anything that matches, I'd love to discuss a trade or purchase. 😀

Thanks everyone!

Reply 5 of 6, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IIRC it's the moulding of the front panel that it clips to usually, so dependent on depth of that, so trimming the inside of it back a bit with a dremel should allow a shorter clipped one to engage. Should you find no other options.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.