VOGONS

First post, by Kotu Koylu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bought this computer a long time ago. For the last 3 months the PC does not boot, although the hard disk parameters are correct in the bios. When the computer first came, 15 GB HDD was booting. But after I reset the bios, I could not get it to boot.(Operating system not found)
1. I tried many HDDs with different capacities. (40MB 1GB 6GB 15GB)
2. I booted PC with diskette then partitioned(fdisk) and formatted them with fdisk.Also tried fdisk /mbr
I would appreciate if someone using this device can help.I thought there is an IRQ or address conflict.
PC has only onboard VGA no any extra component (ISA/PCI)

Reply 1 of 3, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Different IDE cable tried? They can oxidise inside the crimp.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 3 of 3, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Check in CMOS setup for Virus boot block protection and turn it off. It's possible that boot block went bad on first drive and attempts to fix it or put bootblock on another drive were blocked by something like that. if it's been off all the time, then guess it's something else.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.