VOGONS

Asus P5A-B - ATX case solution?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 25, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is a micro ATX case, you can't fit any ATX or Baby AT motherboards in there.

Here's a list of micro ATX super socket 7 boards :
http://www.win3x.org/uh19/motherboard/result/ … atformTypeId=42

Now I'd say you should get a real ATX case instead. This would be the easiest solution.

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 23 of 25, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ah yeah, look at that, Gigabyte did a few, among others... http://www.win3x.org/uh19/motherboard/show/6787

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 24 of 25, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dinth wrote on 2021-08-25, 15:28:

Thanks for the advice.
In this case i will look into buying a new case. Do you have any other advice when looking for a case for a retro computer?

Any ATX case with 7 slots will probably do except that maybe some of the later/newer ones need some extra holes drilled in the internal side panel for the screws to hold a baby AT motherboard like your P5A-B. I can imagine that some case manufacterers stopped offering 'AT compatibility' after some point.

Reply 25 of 25, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PARKE wrote on 2021-08-25, 15:55:
dinth wrote on 2021-08-25, 15:28:

Thanks for the advice.
In this case i will look into buying a new case. Do you have any other advice when looking for a case for a retro computer?

Any ATX case with 7 slots will probably do except that maybe some of the later/newer ones need some extra holes drilled in the internal side panel for the screws to hold a baby AT motherboard like your P5A-B.

Another option could be to use the plastic (AT?) standoffs when the ATX case's side panel does not have a screw ipening in the appropriate place.

I can imagine that some case manufacterers stopped offering 'AT compatibility' after some point.

This is totally the case btw (no pun intended 😜 ). Only the oldest ATX cases will typically offer the mounting openings for AT motherboards.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!