VOGONS

First post, by my03

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So i ordered a "similar" battery (same spec regarding voltage, etc) and expected a similar, rather small, battery pack to drop in my mailbox. Not so much in practice as what arrived was considerably bigger in size (to say the least).

Anyhow, the stand-by batter had started to leak a tad bit so it as time to get rid of that anyhow (the large thing to the left). Getting rid of the stand-by actually made room necessary for the huge cmos battery 😀 i had to splice the old cables/new cables to reuse the connector as the new one was a bit bigger (but no major issue overall).

I now run with this thing onboard and i calculate that the next replacement will be around 2145 😉

(yes, the amps/hour were considerably higher of course

cdt480.jpg
Filename
cdt480.jpg
File size
1.03 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 1 of 5, by mikejolley

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nice find!

I'm struggling to find the battery spec for this, or that battery you have from its serial number. Can you share the voltage/spec of the one you successfully used?

I've an old 460CDT which some signs of life but obvious battery damage. I'm hoping its CMOS but I cannot find a suitable replacement.

Cheers

Reply 3 of 5, by my03

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Giantclam is right. Its preferred to get the original part # (as it fits snugly inside the intended holder). When i googled it, i got a hit on this slightly bigger unit, and it works alright, but i would have preferred the original (smaller) size for sure.