VOGONS

First post, by telecommand

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a CH Products Virtual Pilot Pro joystick/wheel and the Pro Pedals on the way. Do I need 2x available game ports or can I just use the one game port on my SB16 card (either with a dual port adapter or does this wheel+pedal combo have a thru cable to connect the two together?)

Anyone have experience with this stuff and can confirm?

Reply 1 of 3, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The CH Pro Pedals have a cable with three connectors:
1) An AUX. Port designed for connection to a re-addressable gamecard
2) a gameport connector
3) a joystick connector

So you will connect the CH Pro Pedals (2) connector to your sound card and the (3) connector to your Virtual Pilot Pro yoke.

There is an assumption that the sound card gameport supports both the A and B joystick functions by the Virtual Pilot Pro. I have no idea if that is the case for your particular sound card, but it likely does. Some gameports only support one joystick.

Reply 2 of 3, by telecommand

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the info! I have a Creative CT2230 SB16 installed which I'm pretty sure supports this fine.

So to sum it up: Joystick -> Pedals -> Soundcard

Thanks again. Can't wait to get stuck in with F1GP 😁

Reply 3 of 3, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

the CH pedals are aircraft pedals btw, while you can use them for cars too by locking the rudder function it'll probably not be a very comfortable experience because the pedals twist around the center, so your ankle has to come up when pushing down.