VOGONS

First post, by captain_koloth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently bought a Forte VFX1 (!), believe it or not- been scouring eBay for one for years. The seller claimed he had tested it. Upon receipt I found it requires a 26-pin VESA feature connector ribbon cable, which was not included. The seller has not responded so far; I'm hoping he really did test it and has that cable, as there's no other way to connect it.

I'd be well within my rights to get it refunded, but before I do that... does anyone have such a feature connector ribbon cable? I can't find them online anywhere. I'd just hate to send this back without knowing if it works for lack of a ribbon cable, since it could be years before I find another one.

And let me add- does anyone know if I can use a 26-pin IDC ribbon connector? I really don't know much about this kind of connection.

Reply 1 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It should be a straight through cable. I'm not finding any information stating otherwise.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 3, by captain_koloth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-09-17, 15:30:

It should be a straight through cable. I'm not finding any information stating otherwise.

What does that mean? Sorry, I'm not familiar with this kind of cable. Is there a substitute I can use that's still sold somewhere?

Reply 3 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Straight through just means that there aren't any wires switched between the connectors. You just need a regular IDC 26-pin ribbon cable with the correct spacing between the pins.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK