VOGONS

First post, by captain_koloth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am setting a computer with a VT6X4 motherboard. The pins connecting the power button on the case on the motherboard are in an annoying spot such that when an ISA card is installed they're blocked and I have to snake the cables around to get to the power pins. In fact, the cable from my case's power button is not quite long enough to reach around the ISA card to the power pins. Is there essentially an extension cord I can get so that I have some more length to connect the power button and LED to the pins? I would plug the power/LED connector to it and then run the extended cable around the ISA card to the motherboard pins. I'm trying to find such a cable but part of my problem is that I don't know the formal name of such a connector. They're just referred to in the manual as pins.

Reply 1 of 3, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I believe they are called "Dupont" connectors. I bought a bunch of them in bundles such as this picture, I think that is what you're after:

male-to-female-dupont-cable-10cm.jpg
Filename
male-to-female-dupont-cable-10cm.jpg
File size
74.88 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 3 of 3, by retardware

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You do not want to get these things get loose and make some random contacts/shorts.
So, don't forget to put a piece of shrink tube over the connection part between the original and the extension wire.