VOGONS

First post, by JustRob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I’m building this Windows 98 PC, and I got it to work, but then I took it apart to adjust the IO shield, and after putting it back together I get this. No signal whatsoever, not even a post screen. But the motherboard is getting power, because I see cpu the fan spinning. I tried a AGP card, a PCI card, nothing works.

I did try out a different PSU, because it has multiple floppy drive connectors which I need. The PSU I used originally is a model FSP145-60PNA, 145 watt. The second one I used is a ATX-350GTF, 450 watt. Is it possible this PSU fried the motherboard? My motherboard is a 6VXC7-4X-P, but I can’t find anything about it not being compatible with either of these PSUs.

The problem first appeared with the second PSU, so I’m worried that damaged it. But, like I said, it does still get power.

I’m planning to take it apart and reassemble it from scratch again, but if anyone else has any ideas, I’m all ears.

Reply 1 of 3, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

See that you have a pc speaker. Remove every card remove ram, CPU ,fans and drives. Start and listen for post codes start putting stuff in and listen to codes.

I accidently bumped the fan of my socket 479 system and it had some safety mode because it was t cooled correctly and didn't start.