VOGONS

First post, by my03

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi all,

Haven't really had good luck in replacing the drive-belt on my W1D drive (get the "not ready") and so i thought i could compare the connector of this Citizen drive with the Mitsumi unit and they do look the same (i believe they are both 26-pin 1mm pitch connectors). Of course, the difference is that the Citizen has the connector on the left-hand side whereas the Mitsumi has it on the right (and my existing cable is not really long enough to connect the Mitsumi).

So i wanted to check if it would be possible to find a longer flex flat cable that could try with the Mitsumi. But before doing that, i wanted to ask if anyone knows if the pinout of these two units are the same?

Reply 1 of 1, by my03

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have to answer myself here. I ordered a 26-pin 1mm flex cable and tried and sure it works. Works very nicely as a matter of fact 😀

But one major issue in my case - the Citizen is extremely small (11cm long i believe) whereas the Mitsumi unit is 12.5cm and in my case, the latter will basically not fit into the intended space for the floppy 🙁