VOGONS

First post, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,
I got an Asus P5Q Deluxe and like to do the 771 mod. I did this already with the explanation I found at delidded.com
Unfortunately this site seem to not available anymore. Is there another source where I can get the walkthrough and tool/microcodes I need - or an already latest bios modded?

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 1 of 9, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought a modified Xeon for the EP43-DS3L, and I found a BIOS somewhere and flashed it. This forum has a user who says that he modded the BIOS for his P5Q Deluxe, just remember the usual caution when it comes to modified BIOS found on the internet. https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-REQUES … Asus-P5Q-deluxe

Phil's video from a few years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSYVkit0-nY

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 2 of 9, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Both refer to delidded.com ...
The bios the user provides looks not correct for my CPU (X5470).
Any chance to get the codes and tool otherwise?

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 3 of 9, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Archive.org caught delidded's article .. https://web.archive.org/web/20210509153409/ht … xeon-microcode/

Though I had trouble getting there for a minute or two, wonder if there's another spate of DNS attacks or something. Delidded hasn't been down very long, think I was there last month.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 4 of 9, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's my understanding that when the mod is done (if done properly I suppose) the microcodes for all of the popular Xeon CPUs is added.

It does look as though the easily found tutorials for doing this have gone the way of the Dodo bird, but the Ebay vendor mentioned in Phil's video who offers to do it is still active, and $5.00 is really pretty cheap. If I hadn't found the BIOS that I did, I probably would have gone that route. Alternatively, joining the BIOS Mods forum would be a good way to get help from people who are familiar with the tools and procedure to add the code to your BIOS so the CPU is recognized.

Reply 5 of 9, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BitWrangler wrote on 2021-12-20, 19:20:

Archive.org caught delidded's article .. https://web.archive.org/web/20210509153409/ht … xeon-microcode/

Though I had trouble getting there for a minute or two, wonder if there's another spate of DNS attacks or something. Delidded hasn't been down very long, think I was there last month.

The Internet Archive saves the day again.

Reply 6 of 9, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Exactly what I've been searching for... 😍 Thx
Microcode updating done - as soon as my cough ends 🤧🤒 I will exchange the ep45-ds4 for the p5q deluxe.

Reply 7 of 9, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And back again.. I put in the board and everything is running. But now something's strange is happening. I thought it should be no problem to overclock the x5470 - already did that without any problem on the gigabyte board. Unfortunately it looks like I can't switch some parts in the bios from auto to manual mode. Also the hardware monitoring is extremely lagging. Jumping from point to point with the arrow keys takes several seconds. Do I have a bad bios or bad hardware? Btw. My chassis fan is making 38K rounds if I believe the Monitoring...

Reply 9 of 9, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thx... Checked them already. Meanwhile I succeeded with overclocking. That works now well as expected. But still there is this problem with extremely slow and wrong hardware monitoring in the bios. I guess something's wrong on the board itself. 84K rounds for the chassis fan - it's a astonishing that my rig isn't starting up and away like a rocket.

-----
Edit:
Just pulled the plug of the chassis fan and monitoring works as it should. So I assume the sensor is broken and causing the lags.
I also tried the other chassis + power fan connectors. They all seem to work not as they should. That's really annoying. But I don't see a way to use fan connectors on the board except the CPU fan.

----
2nd edit:

Ha... I wasn't convinced of my guess, so I just tried another case fan. And tadaaa... Everything's ok. The fan is the thing that's broken - What a relief.