VOGONS

Asus P3C2000

Topic actions

First post, by Madskp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am in the process of recunstruting some of the computers I had in the past. Most parts are availeble, but some are harder to find.

For on particular computer I had an Asus P3C2000 motherboard which is hard to find and expensive.

Now when I searched these forums I see a lot of warnings about this and other boards with the Intel MTH. This was new for me. I
I had the board for 3-4 years using it in my main workstation with dual boot win98/win2k. I was doing many experiments both hardware and software wise, but I only remeber having minor issues which was related to win98 and was not an issue in win2k, so not thinking of them as hardware issues.

In the beginning I had one 128mb PC100 ram module, and later upgrade with an extra one.

So the question is: if I manage to find this board at a resonable price should I expect problems, or is it only if I try to fill all ram slots with PC133 ram or is there more of a risk of the board not working at all? Just trying to understand how this MTH issue will effect things.

Thanks in advance