VOGONS

Reply 40 of 46, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
stamasd wrote on 2022-01-29, 20:06:
TrashPanda wrote on 2022-01-29, 20:01:

That would make a great conversation piece for the cave !

Along with all the other mostly useless but cool junk.

Just for the fun of it. But judging from not finding ANY of the hardware anywhere I looked for the past 10-15 years, not even a loose CPU - if there are any left anywhere, they must cost more than a new car. A really nice car.

I bet Intel is hoarding them all in a warehouse just waiting for the right time to drip feed them to collectors.

Reply 41 of 46, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If that's the case, Intel better release them soon because the collectors who'd be interested in them are starting to die off of old age. 😀

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 42 of 46, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
stamasd wrote on 2022-01-29, 20:10:

If that's the case, Intel better release them soon because the collectors who'd be interested in them are starting to die off of old age. 😀

ehhh its from 81 ...which is what 40 yea ....you may just be right actually.

Reply 43 of 46, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm close to 60, and men in my family tend to die in their mid-60s. 🙁

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 44 of 46, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
stamasd wrote on 2022-01-29, 20:16:

Dang, did you have grandpeeps at the opening of Tutankhamen's tomb or something?

Me, I was being extra careful of all the known family conditions and ailments and got blindsided by something nobody in the family either side has had in living memory.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 45 of 46, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
BitWrangler wrote on 2022-01-29, 20:35:
stamasd wrote on 2022-01-29, 20:16:

Dang, did you have grandpeeps at the opening of Tutankhamen's tomb or something?

Me, I was being extra careful of all the known family conditions and ailments and got blindsided by something nobody in the family either side has had in living memory.

Similar to me . .I have a heart condition that can kill me at any time and will likely need a pacemaker before im 60 just to keep my heart running and I'm the only one in the family with it but they think it might have been what killed my grandmother in her 40's.

Heart muscle is fine but the electrician fucked up.

Its just one of the reasons I dont do anything electrical for PC repairs or at least trt my best not to .. angry pixies are unforgiving to a bad heart 😒

Reply 46 of 46, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'll be 55 soon, an although according to a cardiologist I had to see 3+ years ago, I have an irregular ekg. He sais some people are just born that way (?). I don't know what to make of it. There are no known heart issues anywhere in my family, that I know of. I don't abuse myself, don't take great care of self either. What can I say ...