VOGONS

First post, by Y2KBazo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all!
Messing around with old laptops my worst nightmare are those evil nicad Toshiba backup battery packs. I dont think i have a pre 2000s toshiba without a layer of rot inside it.

I have some laptops that im not sure will leak or not. Was wondering if someone could let me know. Ill list them below.
Compaq presario 1200
NEC versa LX
Toshiba qosmio G15
Toshiba tecra S1
Dell latitude C610

Also wondering what brands you know of normaly have batteries you should tear out ASAP?
Thanks!

Millennium Box: PIII 733EB, Aopen AX34 w/ 512MB CL2, Geforce 2 TI 64MB, Sb Live! ct4760 w/ Live! Drive.
3Dfx Box: DEC Venturis 5133, Pent 133, 64MB EDO, Voodoo 1 4MB, Awe64 Value.

Reply 1 of 5, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Compaqs I've been into have had sealed long life lithium, haven't dug into my Toshibas much.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 5, by jnemo2004

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Dear Sirs, I just receive a Toshiba Laptop T2130CS and the original RTC battery has been removed also BCKUP battery. Do somebody knows the originals model to be replaced. Thank you very much.

Reply 3 of 5, by jnemo2004

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry, I found it. VG2430. Regards

Reply 4 of 5, by Ryccardo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

IMO "shortly before the turn of the millennium" should be when the lithium main battery became strongly dominant, the clock one followed, and the 1-minute-standby one was gone;

but of course there are quite newer exceptions, like the Vaio FZ21 series (which of course will fail first due to the nvidia scandal or the crappy parallel TSOP for the firmware) which uses the 2-cell green wrapper NiMH, or possibly the EEEpc 1005 (single cell button rechargeable, but haven't checked the technology)

Reply 5 of 5, by jnemo2004

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Do you know the alternative to a VG2430 Battery?