VOGONS

Reply 60 of 63, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well i can give u some cheaper ideas what to look for..

The best and cheap option will be this ECS board
ECS P6IPAT (V1.0) it supports up to 1.3GHz Tualatin, and last time when i did check did cost like 30-40 euros..

Other way is modification on this SLOTket adapter, will make it to support Tualatin CPUs, so you can use them on most Slot 1 boards that support at least 700-800MHz coppermine..
MSI MS-6905 Master

Another way is if you find somewhere this Lin-Lin Converter slocket it support tualatins... With this i was able to run 1.3Ghz Tualatin on that MSI 6905 adapter non modded on ABIT BE6... But i think this Lin-Lin is rare, and prob very expensive similar to Power Leap ones...

Attachments

Mah systems retro, old, newer (Radical stuff)
W3680 4.5/ GA-x58 UD7/ R9 280x
K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM x2 P3 933/ GA-6VXD7/ Voodoo V 5.5K
Cmq P2 450/ GA-BX2000/ V2 SLI
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 61 of 63, by flupke11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The MSI, Slot T and other Tualatin capable adaprers, including the Lin Lin are all passive on the electrical side, meaning your VRM must be able to go down to the 1,45V required for the CPU (1,5 shouldn't be too much of an issue). If not, you're overvolting the cpu.
Only Powerleap adapters are active components, and override the mainboard's VRM.

Reply 62 of 63, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well the MSI Master adapter when modded for Tualatin is fine did read that before. For the Lin-Lin i am not sure, on it depend of the mobo, and the VRM controller.
The mod did work both ways, you can remove some pins of a CPU in order to make it compatible with the MSI adapter, or mod the adapter to work with every single tualatin out there, it was a matter shorting some pins, and make others not able to connect with the power, that was the idea.

Mah systems retro, old, newer (Radical stuff)
W3680 4.5/ GA-x58 UD7/ R9 280x
K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM x2 P3 933/ GA-6VXD7/ Voodoo V 5.5K
Cmq P2 450/ GA-BX2000/ V2 SLI
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 63 of 63, by Pidalin_CZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
brian105 wrote on 2022-03-22, 06:47:

Slight hyperbole, but I've looked through eBay for Socket 370 motherboards for a while now and the only Tualatin compatible ones are at least $80. And that's including the poor chipsets like the 815 B -step and 820, which are apparently pretty slow for 370. Does anybody know if a model which doesn't break the bank exists? I'd like AGP 4x (2x is ok I guess) and of course Tualatin support. DDR would be a dream but that's not happening with these prices.

(yes, I'm aware of this list https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/List_of_ … 70_motherboards )

Just a little advice, I have pretty bad experiences with Intel 81x chipsets, some of them are compatible with Tualatine, but it has very bad IDE controllers and it's showing plenty of errors while using newer HDDs or IDE to SD adapters, so it's pretty much useless in 2023. Sometimes it's impossible to just install Windows, sometimes additional USB connectors on MB don't work for no reason.....these MBs are really poor.
But on other hand, I have very good experience with VIA PN133T chipset, it works perfectly, no matter what you put inside (different rams, CPUs, PCI card, GPUs, HDDs, SD card adaptors, CD/DVD drives) it always works fine, which is surprise for me, because classic PC myth says that VIA chipsests are bad. I have only one MB with this chipset now, but unfortunately some office PC version with no AGP slot which I really hate because that MB and that chipset is really good, I've never seen such reliable sc370 MB before.