VOGONS

Reply 240 of 253, by Necrodude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And here it is:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnRnGWN7nMe4iWqynzngjLC6Is6Y?e=owg8gP

Just drag and drop the files in to your Quake3 folder.

The rar file contains a custom open source compiled exe, Speed Dll:s, a small custom pak file, and tweaked config files.

Last edited by Necrodude on 2023-08-03, 09:41. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 241 of 253, by Meatball

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Necrodude wrote on 2022-07-23, 13:40:
And here it is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al5OEc0Sc9SsgZ5mbVuxBn5SDO_kKQ?e=T5vKYb […]
Show full quote

And here it is:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al5OEc0Sc9SsgZ5mbVuxBn5SDO_kKQ?e=T5vKYb

The rar file contains a custom open source compiled exe, Speed Dll:s, a small custom pak file, and tweaked config files.

Nice work!!

Reply 242 of 253, by Peter.Mengel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
doogie wrote on 2022-06-13, 17:27:

I feel bad for running that card to the limit, but I figure at least I did so with heatsinks on all of the RAM, and as big a cooler as I could fit on the GPU core. I couldn't get much more out of the GPU past that, so I'm not going to continue to push it.

I thought the same...running max old graficcards to maybe win a old graphiccard...and risk youre current build for no reason, sounds like a bad deal to me.....

Btw "The competition ends July 1st 2022"
Started on 4th.....😮

Reply 243 of 253, by Necrodude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Peter.Mengel wrote on 2022-07-24, 10:10:

I feel bad for running that card to the limit, but I figure at least I did so with heatsinks on all of the RAM, and as big a cooler as I could fit on the GPU core. I couldn't get much more out of the GPU past that, so I'm not going to continue to push it.

Started on 4th.....😮

The competition started the eight of april.
Thats 2022-04-08

Reply 244 of 253, by Peter.Mengel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Necrodude wrote on 2022-07-24, 20:52:
Peter.Mengel wrote on 2022-07-24, 10:10:

Started on 4th.....😮

The competition started the eight of april.
Thats 2022-04-08

Damm you piratish muricans with youre weirdo systems...yards elbows feets finger....inches....and wrong time mesurements xD...
Yeah sry iam from germany i somehow missed this in my mind.

Reply 246 of 253, by Meatball

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Quake3t0theMax Grand Prize has arrived (Voodoo3 3000)!

Necrodude, you are a gentleman, scholar, and one heck of a host! I offer my sincerest thanks and gratitude for the contest, all of your efforts, and for the Voodoo3!

Thanks again!!!

P.S. - I'm saving the box you shipped it in as part of the memento.

Attachments

Reply 247 of 253, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

OP delivered! Nice one.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 248 of 253, by Necrodude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Meatball wrote on 2022-07-25, 20:52:
The Quake3t0theMax Grand Prize has arrived (Voodoo3 3000)! […]
Show full quote

Necrodude, you are a gentleman, scholar, and one heck of a host! I offer my sincerest thanks and gratitude for the contest, all of your efforts, and for the Voodoo3!

Thanks again!!!

P.S. - I'm saving the box you shipped it in as part of the memento.

Enjoy! You deserved it! 😀

Reply 249 of 253, by Necrodude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Meatball wrote on 2022-07-25, 20:52:

Thanks again!!!

Btw. Im curious to see what fps you get with the latest patch of the game. I have enabled crosshair and the HUD in my patch. So if you decide to try it and to have a fair comparasion you need to disable it again.

Reply 250 of 253, by Necrodude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A little small update.
I have uploaded a reworked patch.

Here is the latest patch
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnRnGWN7nMe4iWqynzngjLC6Is6Y?e=owg8gP

Installation:
Just drag and drop the files in your quake3 folder. You will by default have the "Ultra fast version" aka Fast and ugly.

If the game for some reason decides not to start. Try another config file. Remember, if you try this, also delete the q3config.cfg file in your baseq3 folder.
The autoexec file writes to the q3config file.
The default autoexec config file is the fastest.

This patch is also modular. You can amongst other choose if you want compressed faster textures or Fast ultra low quality sounds.
In the Baseq3 folder and you will find different pak files. You will find the following files:
pak9 - map animations This file turns of all the moving stuff on the maps.
pak9 - sounds This file includes low quality faster sounds.
pak9 - texures This file includes compressed faster textures.
pak9 - GFX This file includes compressed explosion effects etc.

If you dont want compressed textures or sounds, or any of the stuff, just remove the pak files you want.
This Patch also includes @G3Virus (Patrik A) exe with SMP support , (this SMP support comes from a plugin dll file. Its not the same as R_smp "1").
"Low Quality Audio" support is also added into the game menu.

Different speed configs are also included
You can choose from "Super fast and super ugly" to fast and good looking.

This patch will most of the time Quadruple Quake3:s FPS count.

Last edited by Necrodude on 2023-08-03, 09:42. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 251 of 253, by Radeux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Necrodude wrote on 2022-04-10, 20:30:
Regular Athlons are faster clock for clock then the P3 cpus. Athlon Xp cpus are even faster then athlons. So it is not a proble […]
Show full quote
stef80 wrote on 2022-04-10, 19:57:

I just read 3DNow! support in Q3 is broken?? Hm, then it's a bit unfair Athlons XP are excluded. PIII has SSE (which Q3 uses), Thunderbirds do not. There were some performance DLLs, but those targeted Athlons XP. So, requirements should have been: clock up to 850MHz and no SSE2 support. Maybe limit the size of L2 cache to exclude mobile Bartons.

Regular Athlons are faster clock for clock then the P3 cpus. Athlon Xp cpus are even faster then athlons. So it is not a problem. We decided that it was unfair to allow xp cpus. They are simply to fast. Not 1999 fast. Faster.

I have found performance dll:s for k6 cpus, athlons cpus, and athlon XP cpus. I even found dll:s that dont have a specific cpu in mind.
I also tried different dll:s on different cpus. The k6 dll did wonders on my P3 cpu.

Could you post the performance dlls? I would love to have them all. Had the k6 dlls at one point but lost them, almost started to think I had imagined them and their benchmarks 😅

Thankyou, Radeux

Reply 252 of 253, by Radeux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Necrodude wrote on 2022-07-23, 13:40:
And here it is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al5OEc0Sc9SsgZ8QVzY6-3fuENpL6Q?e=GnE7Ul […]
Show full quote

And here it is:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al5OEc0Sc9SsgZ8QVzY6-3fuENpL6Q?e=GnE7Ul

Nevermind just saw this!

Thanks again, Radeux