VOGONS

First post, by epictronics

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for the shameless self promotion, but I think some folks here might be interested in what was wrong with these machines : )

https://youtu.be/Ah9Rh1xxWn0

YouTube

Reply 1 of 18, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I stumbled upon that video yesterday, very nice repair! And no paperclips in sight 😛

You have some good stuff on your channel, will there be new episodes in the Commodore PC10 repair saga?

Reply 2 of 18, by epictronics

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
TheMobRules wrote on 2022-04-26, 18:47:

I stumbled upon that video yesterday, very nice repair! And no paperclips in sight 😛

You have some good stuff on your channel, will there be new episodes in the Commodore PC10 repair saga?

Thank you : )

Yes, I have ordered and received the first batch of components and all the sockets.
The project is slightly delayed because of the whole Computer reset thing.
But I will continue with the rather extreme Commodore PC-10 quite soon I hope : )

YouTube

Reply 4 of 18, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I stumbled on your video as well yesterday and it was an amazing video to watch.
Thank you for the great work! I absolutely loved it! (No hacks, real investigation and real fixing, etc.)

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 6 of 18, by epictronics

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
GigAHerZ wrote on 2022-04-26, 20:11:

I stumbled on your video as well yesterday and it was an amazing video to watch.
Thank you for the great work! I absolutely loved it! (No hacks, real investigation and real fixing, etc.)

Thank you : )

YouTube

Reply 7 of 18, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

YouTube algorithm worked for me as well and I saw your video yesterday. Really nicely done! I also subscribed and watched many of your previous videos

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 8 of 18, by epictronics

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
vetz wrote on 2022-04-26, 21:42:

YouTube algorithm worked for me as well and I saw your video yesterday. Really nicely done! I also subscribed and watched many of your previous videos

Thanks : ) Glad the algorithm worked. I have got some really weird suggestions from Yt lately.

YouTube

Reply 11 of 18, by SteveC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Enjoyed that video! Subscribed and now working through the PS/1 play list 😀

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/StevesTechShed
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SteveTechShed

Reply 13 of 18, by epictronics

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SteveC wrote on 2022-04-28, 21:46:

Enjoyed that video! Subscribed and now working through the PS/1 play list 😀

I eventually ran out of idea's for the PS/1. Let me know if you have suggestions for some more fun to do with the system.

YouTube

Reply 14 of 18, by epictronics

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
bofh.fromhell wrote on 2022-04-28, 23:57:

Lovely channel.
Nice combination of repairing and tweaking.
Keep em detailed and keep em long =)

Thanks : ) Next video is going to be short, fun and simple. But I sure have some long and detailed projects lined up too.

YouTube

Reply 15 of 18, by notsofossil

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I sat and watched the entirety of your video the other day, I gotta say well done. Using a hot air rework station to replace dead IBM custom chips is going so far above where anyone else would just give up. Congrats on getting that rare IBM system working completely.

My only actual complaint with the video was the way you pronounce things, it sounds all tense like you're announcing something, it made me feel tense as well. Future videos with a more relaxed and casual style of talking would be fantastic.

Thinkpad T42 Win9x Drivers | Latitude D600 Win9x Drivers
Next: Dell Inspiron 8000

Reply 16 of 18, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The problem with unobtanium chips is that after he got that unit fixed and working those borrowed chips are going back to where they came from.

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 17 of 18, by epictronics

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
notsofossil wrote on 2022-04-30, 20:44:

I sat and watched the entirety of your video the other day, I gotta say well done. Using a hot air rework station to replace dead IBM custom chips is going so far above where anyone else would just give up. Congrats on getting that rare IBM system working completely.

My only actual complaint with the video was the way you pronounce things, it sounds all tense like you're announcing something, it made me feel tense as well. Future videos with a more relaxed and casual style of talking would be fantastic.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still a rookie learning YT.

YouTube

Reply 18 of 18, by epictronics

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Unknown_K wrote on 2022-04-30, 21:02:

The problem with unobtanium chips is that after he got that unit fixed and working those borrowed chips are going back to where they came from.

David at the IBM Museum channel has kindly enough put aside a spare board for me. So, all systems involved will be fixed and fully working in a near future.
It will be in a video in one way or another.

YouTube