VOGONS

First post, by Y2KBazo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi!
i have an ibm 380D that wont boot due to a 1201 error. (serial b/ir faliure) the F1 trick will not work as well.
there is a tool to disable that port at the BIOS level but since i cant boot i cannot use it.
there is a great thread where someone has the same issue on a 600 and they show what values to change on the BOISes built in hex editor to disable ir but this wont work for me most likely because i have a different model and bios rev.
https://thinkpads.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97950
was wondering if anyone knew the values to change on a 380d or if they could run PS2.exe or something of the sort on theyre own 380d and copy the values it changed.
ive got a 380d with bios rev 1.23

thanks!

Millennium Box: PIII 733EB, Aopen AX34 w/ 512MB CL2, Geforce 2 TI 64MB, Sb Live! ct4760 w/ Live! Drive.
3Dfx Box: DEC Venturis 5133, Pent 133, 64MB EDO, Voodoo 1 4MB, Awe64 Value.

Reply 1 of 2, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd figure that most of the real important stuff is in the lower part of the CMOS area, which is kinda semi standard. So anything in the extended (Bit 32 up? forgetting) is likely all extra peripheral stuff, so I don't think you can mess up too much if you twiddle that bit and see what happens... different error maybe or a fix. Then undo it again if it was different error.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.