VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Richy85 wrote on 2022-05-06, 16:10:

TBH I didn't realise I typoed GB, meant MB of course. Only just realised.

It actually happens quite regularly, kinda the same with HDD capacity where MB, GB and TB are also often mixed up with often funny results 😋
If only it were really the case 🤣 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 21 of 22, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote on 2022-05-06, 22:25:

It actually happens quite regularly, kinda the same with HDD capacity where MB, GB and TB are also often mixed up with often funny results 😋

🤣

This is probably early onset dementia or the years of ethanol abuse going to town, but to be honest - with HDD sizes, I actually catch myself having to think for a moment which is which in what system or generation.
I started off with a 40 MB Connor drive and own a 2.5" backup USB drive 100.000 times that size, so there's that.

I like jumpers.

Reply 22 of 22, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-05-06, 23:06:
lol […]
Show full quote
Tetrium wrote on 2022-05-06, 22:25:

🤣

This is probably early onset dementia or the years of ethanol abuse going to town, but to be honest - with HDD sizes, I actually catch myself having to think for a moment which is which in what system or generation.
I started off with a 40 MB Connor drive and own a 2.5" backup USB drive 100.000 times that size, so there's that.

I started off with a 6.4GB drive, but I have plenty <1GB HDDs left from my early dumpsterdiving days (and I mean like Quantum Prodrives etc) so there's ample opportunity to mix them up even though I don't mix them up that much at all actually.
But it can happen to the best of us 😋

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!