VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by pete8475

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
eesz34 wrote on 2022-07-29, 11:48:

Thank you so much. Good to know it isn't because mine is screwy.

And yes, I did notice something with the video card when I took these pictures but couldn't immediately determine what it was. It went in easy as did the other two boards in there. And looking at the uncropped picture, the NIC two slots down is straight as an arrow.

But I see your keyboard port is offset just like mine? That's the main issue. The NMB I had plugged into it worked out just fine though and barely cleared the cutout.

It was a bit off and now it's a bit more centered. What I just did and I think you should try it too is loosen all the mounting screws on the motherboard and push the motherboard up towards the top of the case. While pushing up I tightened them back down and now that keyboard connector is very close to the center of the cut out.

Attachments

• kb.jpg
    Filename
    kb.jpg
    File size
    127.15 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 21 of 21, by eesz34

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
pete8475 wrote on 2022-07-30, 19:10:
eesz34 wrote on 2022-07-29, 11:48:

Thank you so much. Good to know it isn't because mine is screwy.

And yes, I did notice something with the video card when I took these pictures but couldn't immediately determine what it was. It went in easy as did the other two boards in there. And looking at the uncropped picture, the NIC two slots down is straight as an arrow.

But I see your keyboard port is offset just like mine? That's the main issue. The NMB I had plugged into it worked out just fine though and barely cleared the cutout.

It was a bit off and now it's a bit more centered. What I just did and I think you should try it too is loosen all the mounting screws on the motherboard and push the motherboard up towards the top of the case. While pushing up I tightened them back down and now that keyboard connector is very close to the center of the cut out.

Awesome, I need to try this when I am back home.