VOGONS

First post, by FinalJenemba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Found this one at an estate sale today with a bunch of other stuff. It has a sweet 486 100mhz overdrive chip in the socket that I’m pretty excited about. But I can’t find any identifying info on the board anywhere. Could it be an OEM of some kind? It’s posting fine and it even booted dos but I haven’t taken it any further than that.

Trying to decide if I want to make a build out of it or just flip it as is. I’ve got so much stuff already trying not to pass into hoarder territory 🤣. My main rig is a P75, which I feel like would overlap with this guy quite a bit so I certainly don’t need it…. 😂

Attachments

Reply 1 of 6, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Infamous PCCHIPS with fake cache which is not connected to anything.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 4 of 6, by FinalJenemba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I’m honestly fine with that. Gives me a reason not to build another one I don’t feel like hunting down a MoBo. So tell me more about this fake cache. Are you saying that stick of ram is just there for nothing? It literally doesn’t connect to anything? How did they get away with that 🤣

Reply 6 of 6, by rasz_pl

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

486 in 1996 means a lowend, bargain basement machine. Its nice someone bothered to put real cache module in fake cache motherboard tho.

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction