VOGONS

First post, by Ydee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought some kind of MSI MS-6309 (Lite or whatever?) a lot trimmed: no ISA slot, USB headers and connector for system fan. I soldered an ISA slot and can survive without USB headers, but I could use an SYS FAN. Could one of the owners of the fully populated board take a photo of which parts I'm missing for the connector?
+12V goes to missing R41x (maybe 412?, it's overprinted) and I need to know what other parts and where to soldered - detailed photo will help me much. Thank you, friends.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    Filename
    before.jpg
    File size
    203.29 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • now.jpg
    Filename
    now.jpg
    File size
    202.84 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • sysfan.jpg
    Filename
    sysfan.jpg
    File size
    312.61 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 2 of 5, by Ydee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you for your answer, this one is even more trimmed V. 1.1 than my V. 1.0 (welcome in MSI world!:) ). Unfortunatelly, I need to know the value of the resistor R41x, that leads to the +12V pin of connector and maybe still R394, R395.
Since I don't need to monitor the fan speed, I may not need to have populated the Q34, Q35 and electrolyte capacitor connected to pin 2? If yes, I need to know values for them too.

Reply 4 of 5, by rasz_pl

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

for reference https://elektrotanya.com/msi_ms-6309_rev_1.0_ … f/download.html might be worth uploading to ultimateretro.net
another good source is https://www.xwfix.com/ they seem to have all the diagrams/boardviews/direct manufacturing documentation for programming P&P machines that ever graced Taiwanese factories and mysteriously leaked into the ether.

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction

Reply 5 of 5, by Ydee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
quicknick wrote on 2022-07-31, 16:52:

Enjoy 😉

Wow, this is an amazing community here at Vogons! Thank you very much. There's always a member who can give advice and want help solve a problem, whatever it is.
I know the website Elektrotanya, I got a CRT display schematic there once, but I didn't know there were motherboards too.