VOGONS

First post, by BurnedPinguin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I have a specimen here with that SiS chipset and just for fun, I wanted to try installing Windows 98 on it. I did that, but when I tried the drivers that SiS themselves give you and tell you work on 98, they install and identify fine, but then the only resolution you're allowed to use is 640x480x4, and it'll let you set some other ones (very few, not even the native one of the monitor), but it'll just blue screen if you choose them.
What is this? I've tried the earliest and latest drivers that support Windows 98 (uvga3_384.zip is earliest, R393_logo.zip is latest and they are too big to attach, and the SiS website http://w3.sis.com/download/ needs captcha so no download links), and it's the same thing. I also tried INF install and the setup program to no avail.

I'd also like to throw in a question about HDA Bus enumeration and generic High Definition Audio Device drivers that would work on 9x. I did find some for Windows 3.1 (!)(attatched) but they just did a whole lot of nothing.

Attachments

• Filename
    HDADRV9J.7z
    File size
    221.28 KiB
    Downloads
    45 downloads
    File comment
    Windows 3.1 HDA Driver
    File license
    Public domain