VOGONS

First post, by NightSprinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As the topic says, I have tried using some PS/2 mice in my 1000RL, but no luck with the cutemouse driver. Any reason why this is?

Unrelated, but thanks, Cloudschatze, I just found and ordered a SyQuest Shuttle parallel to SCSI adapter off eBay. 🤣

Reply 1 of 8, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It’s an XT port that has a different address

Windows 3.11 on my RLX has the same issue, so serial mice for me.

Someone on vcfed did have modified Windows files to support a Tandy XT PS2 mouse, gotta wonder what dos drivers support Tandy ?

Reply 2 of 8, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Cutemouse version 1.9 will work with the RL's mouse port. If that's the version giving you trouble, you'll want to check to make sure that the mouse port is showing as "Installed" via the SETUPRL utility.

rmay635703 wrote on 2022-09-09, 21:35:

Someone on vcfed did have modified Windows files to support a Tandy XT PS2 mouse, gotta wonder what dos drivers support Tandy ?

That was me. The same workaround that I described for Windows 3.1's LMOUSE.DRV is also applicable to Microsoft's DOS-based MOUSE.COM drivers. The DOS diskettes that came with the RL and RLX also contain compatible/modified versions of Logitech's MOUSE.COM and MOUSE.SYS drivers.

Reply 5 of 8, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

sorry for bothering this thread, but my T1000RL keyboard is driving me nuts.
I already opened it four times but I can't fix it...I am thinking about using a different Keyboard but afair this is not standardized PS/2.

"u" sometimes never works...sometimes it works with pressing "u" hard, sometimes it works when pressing soft on "u".
"k" sometimes comes out as "ku"
"uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" is displayed sometimes without touching the keyboard.

The keyboard is "pita" it's very difficult to fix. working on the opened keyboard is very hard.

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 6 of 8, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dr.zeissler wrote on 2022-10-04, 09:38:

[...]
I already opened it four times but I can't fix it...I am thinking about using a different Keyboard but afair this is not standardized PS/2.

the keyboard needed is just an XT one with ps/2 plug
so if you have a XT keyboard use it with an at->ps/2 adapter and it will work

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 8 of 8, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The connector name for the AT keyboard is DIN (5 pin), for PS/2 keyboard it's Mini-DIN 6.
The connector is also commonly known as diode plug.
MIDI uses the DIN connector, too. S-Video uses Hosiden, however, not Mini-DIN, so beware. 😉

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//