VOGONS

First post, by atom1kk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Few minutes ago here on ebay germany the Quantum3d v2 sli was sold for astonishing 700 euro. It is not even guaranteed that it works since the seller has no special vga cable for it.

I mean this is crazy...

Attachments

Reply 2 of 7, by Brawndo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's approaching the point at which being able to play glide games with real hardware isn't worth the price of admission. I'm already as invested in 3dfx cards as I care to be, but for those looking for hardware for the first time, it's going to be tough. Maybe as an alternative the nGlide wrapper is good enough for most.

Reply 4 of 7, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Brawndo wrote on 2022-09-12, 02:31:

It's approaching the point at which being able to play glide games with real hardware isn't worth the price of admission. I'm already as invested in 3dfx cards as I care to be, but for those looking for hardware for the first time, it's going to be tough. Maybe as an alternative the nGlide wrapper is good enough for most.

I mean that particular card is rather special since its two Voodoo2s sandwiched together, its not your typical Glide card and no-one should buy it if thats all they want, same deal with say a Voodoo5 6000 its really not the card you would even think of buying to just play Glide games on.

These are collectors items and priced as such, the more normal Glide cards are cheaper and there is plenty of them at more reasonable pricing.

Reply 5 of 7, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I will sell my bigger one with the "medusa-cable" for x.xxx,xx. Perhaps it's time to do so. My card is tested and it works 😀
https://www.flickr.com/photos/94839221@N05/al … 157686042803086
If someone is interested in this card, please let me know via PM.

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 6 of 7, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
atom1kk wrote:

It is not even guaranteed that it works since the seller has no special vga cable for it.

Actually, you can still use it via TV-out.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.